Suspect a natural gas leak?
And Southwest Gas immediately at
whether you're our customer or not.
Si usted sospecha una
fuga de gas natural,
llame al 911
Y a Southwest gas al
Inmediato, si usted es nuestro cliente o no.
The following tips will help ensure the continued safety of your natural gas appliances:
- Read and follow the appliance manufacturers’ instructions.
- Store appliance instructions in a safe place for later use.
- Make sure that qualified plumbers, contractors, or dealers install and repair all natural gas equipment and appliances.
- Have qualified plumbers, contractors, or dealers perform annual inspections and maintenance on your natural gas appliances.
- Don’t store or use flammable products near natural gas appliances.
- Keep a minimum of three feet clear around your furnace and water heater.
- Prevent scalding accidents by setting your water heater thermostat at or below the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Keep the burners clean on your range to ensure maximum efficiency and safety.
- When cooking, the flame shouldn’t extend beyond the bottom of the pot.
- Teach small children to stay away from the natural gas range and all natural gas-burning appliances.
- Where possible, use stove guards, knob covers, and oven locks to enhance appliance safety.
- Never use the kitchen oven as a space heater.
- When you use a decorative natural gas log, ensure that the fireplace/chimney damper is in the open position.
For a list of qualified plumbers, contractors, or appliance dealers in your area, click here, search online, or call the Southwest Gas Energy Specialists at 1-800-654-2765. For information about appliance recalls, visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission website at www.cpsc.gov.